We can find the contractors to build your dream home whether it's a modern bungalow or a mansion overlooking the Pacific or a retreat in the mountains or a place to enjoy the desert's sun and serenity.
And we not only have the right contractors, we also have the architects and the interior designers and landscapers for all of those finishing touches to make your homebuilding project perfect from start to finish.
Remember, we always use licensed, bonded and insured contractors. And, we want you to know other important consumer tips so you feel confident with your choice and with our services. So, here are some important points to keep in mind as suggested by the California State License Board for using and selecting a contractor:
1. Always check the contractor's license number at www.cslb.ca.gov to be sure the license is current and in good standing.
2. Ask to see the contractor's pocket license and current photo ID.
3 Ask for their current contact information including their phone number and business address.
4. Be sure you have the proper permits and confirm that your contractor will obtain all the necessary permits for you.
5. It is okay to ask for bids and check out their recent projects.
6. Be sure your contractor carries general liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance for employees.
7. Your contract should include the materials to be used and any expectations about the project. Your written contract should include terms about clean-up, removal of debris, and security at your construction site.
8. Be sure you and your contractor clearly understand each other. Don't be afraid to ask questions and be sure your contractor clearly understands what you want.
9. You should have a timetable for your project, and a payment schedule attached to that timetable. Payments should be made according to your timetable and as work is completed. Do not let your payments get ahead of the work.
10. Your downpayment should be no more than 10% (ten percent) of the project or $1,000 (one thousand dollars), whichever is less. And never pay in cash; keep your receipts, documents and payment records in a job file.
You can rely on us, FindingAContractor.com to do much of this research for you. We are professionals and we find the right contractors to do the job right for you. Call us at (866) 888 2273 or 310-740-5009 to get your home building project started now. We are featured on the www.AlanBestBuys.com website.